Marilyn in the news

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Marilyn Monroe Neon Sign

What a find!  Browsing some local classified ads and look what I see...this fantastic Marilyn Monroe neon sign.  I ended up driving 4 hours round trip in order to pick it up but it was worth it.  Love it!  It is huge at 5 feet in length.  Now I just need to find a better spot for it than on my coffee table :)

I am not sure where this sign originated.  If anyone has any knowledge of these please let me know.  It is marked with a TM so I believe it was approved by the estate and was perhaps used in a Marilyn Monroe line of merchandise.


UPDATE - thanks to a recent comment I realized I never came back to this post and updated that I did find out where these neon signs came from.  Looks like I only posted about it on MarilynGeek on facebook page.  These were used by MAC cosemtics for there Marilyn Monroe line of cosmetics.   Here is another photo of mine and a photo of a MAC store.




5 comments:

  1. I've been searching for one of these and I'm dying to know where u purchased this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it listed in a local classified ad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAC was using them for the MM makeup launch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello i have one for sale next week in bleu neon light.

    ReplyDelete